CO2 Galvo Marking & Cutting
What software do I need?
The software you will need depends on what you want to do with your laser system.
The Photo & Image Engraving Software package should be purchased:
• To engrave photographic images onto substrates
• To engrave text and/or line art. The only exception is if you are purchasing Laserworx software you do not need to purchase the Photo & Image Engraving Software package
• If you plan to purchase an MX system (even if you just plan on marking text)
Laserworx should be purchased if:
• You want to cut substrates using an FX, FX3, Lstar, or GX. The only exception is if you are purchasing i-Cut software you do not need Laserworx
• You want to mark using a FiberCab or Multiwave
• If you want to engrave text and/or line art and want to cut
i-Cut vision system should be purchased:
• If you will be cutting out substrates that are printed and need to line up the vector cut lines with the graphic images. i-Cut will also provide full non-linear distortion correction
Information to help you decide which system best fits your needs
- What is Vector or Raster
- Wattage needed to cut
- Air or water cooled chiller
- Cut material larger than 4x4'
- Cut material smaller than 4x2'
- Fast, large format cutting
- Raster material smaller than 4'
- Fast, large format raster
- Do I need fume extraction
- Wattage needed to raster
- What is marking
- Galvo or Gantry
- Mark metal
- Mark wood
- Mark objects larger than 6x6"
- What software do I need
- Can I network the laser
- What about training?